“Toney is also endorsed by 26 district attorneys as well as the Wisconsin Fraternal Order of Police representing more than 2,000 officers”
Fond du Lac County District Attorney Eric Toney has been endorsed by 25 additional county sheriffs, bringing his total endorsements by current sheriffs to 43, more than the sitting Democratic Attorney General Josh Kaul.
“Toney’s support among Wisconsin’s sheriffs dwarfs that of current Attorney General Josh Kaul, who has reduced key Department of Justice (DOJ) resources while ignoring a record increase in murders and violent crime in the state,” Toney said in a news release.
“Law enforcement is lining up with me and supporting my agenda to restore law and order across Wisconsin. Together we will fight crime to take back our streets and neighborhoods to end this homicide and violent crime epidemic,” Toney said.
“Toney is also endorsed by 26 district attorneys as well as the Wisconsin Fraternal Order of Police representing more than 2,000 officers,” the release.
Walworth Sheriff Kurt Picknell weighed in on the support Toney enjoys with county sheriffs throughout the state.
“I’m endorsing Eric Toney for attorney general because we need an experienced prosecutor to lead the Department of Justice,” Picknell said in the release. “Eric Toney will instinctively focus the department’s resources and efforts on restoring law and order, fully supporting law enforcement, and taking violent criminals off the streets.”
The endorsements are:
- Adams County Sheriff Brent York
- Bayfield County Sheriff Paul Susienka
- Buffalo County Sheriff Michael Schmidtknecht
- Clark County Sheriff Scott Haines
- Dunn County Sheriff Kevin Bygd
- Eau Claire County Sheriff Ronald Cramer
- Florence County Sheriff Dan Miller
- Grant County Sheriff Nate Dreckman
- Juneau County Sheriff Brett Oleson
- Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth
- Lafayette County Sheriff Reg Gill
- Langlade County Sheriff Mark Westin
- Manitowoc County Sheriff Dan Hartwig
- Marathon County Sheriff Scott Parks
- Marquette County Sheriff Joe Konrath
- Oneida County Sheriff Grady Hartman
- Pepin County Sheriff Joel Wener
- Rusk County Sheriff Jeff Wallace
- Sauk County Sheriff Chip Meister
- Sawyer County Sheriff Doug Mrotek
- St. Croix County Sheriff Scott Knudson
- Vilas County Sheriff Joseph Fath
- Walworth County Sheriff Kurt Picknell
- Waupaca County Sheriff Tim Wilz
- Taylor County Sheriff Larry Woebbeking